Expiry date: 23:59, Sun, 30th Jul 2023
Location: Based at Walsey Hills, NR25 7XE
Salary: Starting from £21,255 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension and 28 days Annual Leave
The Norfolk Ornithologists’ Association (NOA) is a conservation organisation dedicated to the scientific study of birds and other wildlife, with four visitor reserves in Norfolk, including the county’s only accredited Bird Observatory. We collect information which helps us to monitor and understand how birds and wildlife are coping year to year. Our work also enables people to encounter wildlife in a friendly and personal way. The results of the Association’s work are published yearly in its annual reports.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a full-time permanent Assistant Warden, to be based at our Walsey Hills Reserve and Visitor Centre, with regular and frequent attendance at our other three sites across the county.
Our Assistant Warden must be a licenced and experienced Ringer (minimum C Permit), with knowledge and experience of conservation land management (scrub and woodland) and confident to speak with our members and other visitors.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
• Minimum C Ringing Licence
• Knowledge and experience of scrub and/or woodland management
• Experience of managing and leading volunteers
• Experience in brushcutter use.
• Experience and knowledge of surveys and biological monitoring
• Experience in undertaking practical tasks and infrastructure maintenance
• Experience in the safe operation and maintenance of machinery, tools and equipment
• Good interpersonal skills
• Experience in practical problem solving and using high levels of initiative
• Full UK driving licence, own car and able to access remote locations.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
• Experience implementing risk assessments
• Experience in report writing
• Brushcutter licence (training can be provided on employment)
How to apply:
Closing date for applications is Sunday 30th July 23:59. We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 14th August. For further information please contact Sophie Barker at email@example.com.
To apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter, telling us why you’d be the perfect candidate for the role to Sophie Barker, Warden, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will shortlist from the applications and contact those shortlisted for interviews.
Please be aware that this is a hillside site, and we regret that wheelchair access is not feasible.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship – the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK to be offered an employment contract.