THE NOA 200 CLUB
200 Club Rules w.e.f. 1st October 2014
1. The name of the lottery is ‘The NOA 200 Club’, henceforth referred to as The Club.
2. The Club will be a Small Society Lottery and will be run in accordance with the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005.
3. The sole objective of The Club is to raise funds for the Norfolk Ornithologists’ Association (NOA, Registered Charity number 267670) and, after payment of prizes and expenses, all remaining funds will be donated to the NOA.
4. The Board of Trustees of the NOA will appoint a Promoter, to be drawn from the NOA’s membership, who will also be responsible for administration of The Club.
5. Any returns required under the Act will be made by two members of the NOA (other than the Promoter) specified by the Board of Trustees.
6. Membership of The Club will be open to anyone over the age of 16, and will not be limited to members of the NOA.
7. Members are entitled to purchase any number of shares in the lottery.
8. The number of shares in the lottery will be unlimited and each share will be allocated a unique number. Tickets for these shares will be issued in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005.
9. All shares are non-transferable.
10. The Club will hold 4 draws per year, in January, April, July and October. In the event that it is impractical to hold a draw at the regular time, it may be deferred by up to a month, but eligibility for inclusion in the draw will be determined as though it had taken place at the regular time.
11. All draws will be conducted by either the NOA Treasurer or the NOA Chairman in the presence of two other Trustees. If neither the Treasurer nor the Chairman is available, the NOA Warden will conduct the draw in the presence of at least two Trustees.
12. Numbers will be selected by a computer random number generator. In the event that a ticket is drawn more than once, only the highest value prize will be awarded, and additional numbers will be generated until a sufficient number of distinct tickets has been drawn.
13. The results of the draws will be published in the NOA Newsletters and on the NOA website, www.noa.org.uk.
14. Fifty per cent of the total monies paid for shares in an individual draw will be allocated for prize money for that draw, up to a maximum of £500. This will be allocated as follows:
First prize: 50% of prize money
Second prize: 25% of prize money
Third prize: 10% of prize money
Fourth prizes: 3 prizes, each of 5.0% of prize money
In the event that the total monies paid for shares in an individual draw exceed £1,000, an additional prize of £25 will be awarded for each complete £60 by which that sum is exceeded.
15. Members with winning shares will be notified by post after each draw at the last known address held by the Promoter. A cheque for the amount won will be included with the notification. It is the responsibility of all members to keep the Promoter notified of any change of address. Any prize cheque not cashed within 6 months of the draw will be deemed a donation to the NOA.
16. Each share in the lottery will cost £24.00 per year and must be paid in advance. Payment by standing order is preferred (either annually or quarterly), but annual payment by cheque or by one-off bank transfer will also be accepted. Full details of payment methods will be set out in the Club’s application and renewal forms.
17. To ensure that paid-up shares are correctly identified for inclusion in an individual draw, monies must be received by the deadlines specified in the Club’s application and renewal forms.
18. Monies cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
19. The Promoter will determine all disputes.
20. The NOA may amend or vary the rules of The Club at any time. All changes will be notified to members via the NOA quarterly newsletter and via the NOA website.
These rules were adopted by the NOA Board of Trustees, to take effect on 1st October 2014.
The Promoter is Ann Smith, 5 Mercedes Avenue, Hunstanton, PE36 5EJ, email@example.com.